Beyond the measures provided by newsrooms and other organisations, journalists should develop a self-care plan to minimize the risk of long-term trauma derived from being exposed to intense online harassment. This video looks at key elements that can form part of such a plan.
- Develop a self-care plan
- Remain in contact with things that are good for oneself
- Strategies to tune down stress: Diaphragmatic breathing
- Contact with the natural world
- Find space to regain your strength
- Resilience is a muscle
- Give your best hours to the worst material
- Remind yourself why you are a journalist
This series of video tutorials has been developed in cooperation with the Dart Centre Europe.