Not all online attacks are the same. This video examines different types of online aggressors and the different purposes of online attacks, and discusses the measures that can be adopted to counteract them. The following topics are covered in this video:
- Responding to attacks
- Understanding the purpose behind attacks
- Standard answer: “Don’t feed the trolls”
- Educating audiences and creating a civil space for dialogue
- Dealing with “professional” trolls and bots
- Dealing with true nefarious trolls
This series of video tutorials has been developed in cooperation with the Dart Centre Europe.